During the past decade, Intergraph achieved extraordinary transformational success. Intergraph has started the transition of becoming the core software platform of Hexagon, a larger, publicly traded company with significant global resources, which will allow Intergraph to better meet customer needs.
- In October 2010, Intergraph is acquired by Hexagon, a leading global provider of design, measurement, and visualization technologies that enable customers to design, measure and position objects, and process and present data. The transaction marks the return of Intergraph as part of a publicly traded company. Hexagon trades on the Nordic exchange: HEXA B.
- Ola Rollén becomes CEO of Intergraph. In accordance with the Hexagon model for successful integration into the Hexagon Group, Intergraph’s two divisions, Process, Power & Marine and Security, Government & Infrastructure, continue to operate under the leadership of Gerhard Sallinger and John Graham, respectively.
- In October 2010, Intergraph Government Solutions (IGS), an independent subsidiary for SG&I's U.S. federal business, is formed.
- 2011 was a year marked by acquisitions and integrations for Intergraph Security, Government & Infrastructure (SG&I). Intergraph acquired Denali Solutions and Augusta Systems to augment not only its Public Safety & Security sector, but also enhance all industry solutions it supports. Denali Solutions boasts the world’s best records management system, and Augusta Systems is a leader in the intelligent convergence of devices, systems, and networks. SG&I is focused on bringing together the best of their capabilities into seamlessly integrated solutions.
- Intergraph’s integration with ERDAS in August 2011 positively impacts SG&I’s geospatially powered solutions. With ERDAS – a provider of integrated products for remote sensing, photogrammetry, and geospatial data production, management, and delivery – SG&I is able to support a complete geospatial life cycle that addresses needs such as change detection and revision workflows.
- ARC Advisory Group, the leading research and advisory firm for industry and infrastructure, again in 2011 ranked Intergraph Process, Power & Marine (PP&M) the world’s No. 1 overall engineering design 3D and process engineering tools (PET) provider worldwide according to its “PET Worldwide Outlook Market Analysis and Forecast through 2015.” ARC placed Intergraph at the top of 18 of the study’s 29 categories, including the top supplier to the chemical, mining and metals, oil and gas, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, and refining industries.
- In August, Hexagon acquired Sisgraph, a software and services provider and Intergraph’s longtime distributor in Brazil, a major supplier for oil and gas, and minerals. Through the acquisition, Intergraph PP&M gained a dedicated team with a wealth of industry experience.
- In July, Intergraph Process, Power & Marine announced the creation of Greater China, its fourth world industry region. Greater China includes China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan and was created because of its size, success and strategic business potential. As a separate operating region, Greater China gained additional focus and investment, plus a strong local executive leadership for faster response to the China market, as well as more resources for further growth. Intergraph also began offering more customized industry solutions to Greater China customers.
- In October, president and CEO Ola Rollén led the groundbreaking on a new Intergraph headquarters. The state-of-the-art facility is scheduled to open in 2014 in Madison, Alabama.
- Intergraph was again named the No. 1 worldwide overall engineering design solution provider for industry based on revenues in the ARC Advisory Group’s “Engineering Design Tools for Industry and Infrastructure Worldwide Outlook Market Analysis and Forecast Through 2016.” ARC, the leading research and advisory firm for industry and infrastructure, began ranking engineering design tool providers to the process industries in 2006 and Intergraph has been No. 1 in each study. Intergraph also topped the rankings in three of the five industry segments in which it competes – oil and gas exploration and production, chemical, and electric power generation. Intergraph is also ranked first in each of the four geographic regions analyzed.
- In January, Intergraph SG&I introduced Intergraph Geospatial 2013. This united, modern, and dynamic portfolio lets you exploit the wealth of information contained in data from any source, share it rapidly (and securely), and deliver it on-demand as reliable and actionable information to drive smarter decisions. This release marks the first and only comprehensive solution that connects all geospatial genres, integrating photogrammetry, remote sensing, and GIS into one streamlined system.
Right Hand Column