Life Cycle Management
Defense and Intelligence
In a defense environment, complex weapons systems, such as aircraft, ground vehicles, and ships, typically remain in use long past their intended service life. This extended use drives operation and maintenance costs that can significantly exceed those anticipated during their original design and construction. Following a phased approach, Intergraph optimizes business processes to develop streamlined maintenance programs, and then we couple that with integrated data environments to track, manage, and maintain the vast amount of information associated with complex assets throughout their life cycles. These process-based solutions provide a single point lead to reduced ownership costs and provide rapid access to all asset-related data.
Intergraph's U.S. Federal contracts allow you to purchase hardware, software, and services: http://www.intergraph.com/contracts/default.aspx
- Key Benefits
- Customer References
- Return on Investment - Budget constraints drive the armed services to extend the use of their complex weapons systems well beyond their intended service life. Intergraph designs maintenance programs with that in mind, thus allowing the Army, Navy, and Air Force to operate these aging systems safely and cost-effectively.
- Streamlined Processes - Process efficiency drives business effectiveness. Intergraph process engineers evaluate customer business processes and requirements, and then apply our tailored techniques and tools — from industrial engineering, business process reengineering, action workouts, Theory of Constraints, Kaizen Events, MSG-3, and Lean value-stream workshops — to eliminate waste and streamline processes.
- Data Integrity - Bad data can cripple an organization. One result of the Intergraph process engineering methodology is the cleanup and reorganization of essential business data into usable information. Intergraph capitalizes on this outcome to assist our clients by collecting this data in a central repository and building an integrated data environment to capture and exploit information for critical business intelligence.
- Weapons Systems Management, MSG-3 - Many Air Force and Army weapons systems are already more than 20 years old and will remain in service into their fourth or fifth decade of life. Without proper maintenance, aircraft reliability and availability plunge, the cost to maintain them soar, and safety is compromised. By adopting the Commercial Maintenance Steering Group-3 (MSG-3) methodology and applying it to aging Air Force and Army weapons systems, we can help you precisely schedule maintenance to ensure equipment is available when you need it.
- Installation Management - Faced with new homeland security threats, US bases and installations have an even greater need for improved visibility and management of all assets. Quality of life and safety depend on integrating critical decision making for security, fire protection, emergency response base planning, facility design and construction, utilities, maintenance, housing, and other activities. Intergraph can assist in the creation of a customer-centric strategy and provide integration enterprise information technology solutions to plan, manage, and maintain complex operations.
- Continuous Process Improvement - Intergraph works with organizations to improve and reengineer processes to achieve measurable enhancements in performance. Through collaboration with our customers, we help increase inter-functional workflows and improve and streamline processes, such as transforming raw materials and materiel into quality products, or human capital into responsive, consistent transaction services.
- Air Force, USA - We have helped the Air Force implement a maintenance program that increases C-5 availability by seven aircraft per day, yields a 20 percent increase in availability, and saves $1.38 billion during the remaining life of the weapon system.
- Air Force, USA - Our success with the C-5 was recognized by the Air Combat Command, which has given Intergraph a contract to implement the MSG-3 program for the A-10 Warthog. This is currently in the assessment phase.
- Warner Robins Air Logistics Center (WR-ALC), USA -
Since 1994, Intergraph has supported the Warner Robins Air Logistics Center (WR-ALC) lean logistics initiative, providing Sensei/facilitation, integration, process modeling and simulation, supply chain management, program management, and training.
- Army Aviation and Missile Command (AMCOM), USA -
AMCOM’s key objective is to develop, acquire, and field Army aviation and missile systems to ensure the U.S. Army’s readiness and technological superiority. To achieve this, AMCOM collaborated with Intergraph to evaluate the life-cycle management of all missile and rocket systems.
Not only did AMCOM realize the benefits of this effort, but also the Joint Munitions Command, diverse Munitions Centers, and two Army depots.
- Fort Bragg (Army), USA -
In order to continually improve warfighter readiness and provide better customer support, Fort Bragg partnered with Intergraph to integrate long-term process improvements to better manage the installation’s day-to-day operations.