Computer Aided Dispatch / Incident Management
Related Security Solutions
- I/CAD 9.3 - New features and enhancements, improved mobile experience, web capabilities
- Application Interoperabililty
See how our software supports
information-sharing for public safety and security networks
- Business IntelligenceTransform data overload into operational intelligence to improve service delivery, solve a crime, spot a trend, or save a life
When incidents occur, dispatchers must act fast. Whether it’s a crime, fire, medical emergency, or other critical incident, your dispatching software has to perform as well as you do. Intergraph®’s Incident Management solution meets the highest standards, providing call-takers and responders with the tools to make faster, smarter decisions.
With our computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system, you can quickly answer calls, create and update incident details, and manage multiple resources in real time. Our web-based software provides secure access to CAD, so users outside the control room or emergency operations center have critical information on hand at all times.
Interoperability and easy interface deployment are hallmarks of our products. SMS support allows PSAPs to include emergency text messages in the CAD workflow, and intelligent notifications enable reliable information-sharing on today’s popular devices. We support Microsoft® Bing and Google Maps for added flexibility in visualizing geospatial data. And of course, our technologies conform to NIEM standards for coordinated multi-agency response.
Our solution does all this and much more! Read on to learn why Intergraph is the choice of more than 2,500 agencies in 28 countries.
Applications & Products
- Customer References
- Integrated Voice, Text, and Data –
We help agencies transition to next-generation
communications. Our add-on Intergraph Communications
Controller integrates voice and text calls, providing complete
call control and support for multimedia.
- Combined Call Control and Incident Creation – Intergraph Communications Controller integrates call control and
call-taker functions in a single environment, with
common functions available
from the CAD map.
- Display of Incoming and Answered Calls – Our software gives you instant access to relevant spatial information
to improve incident management. You can visualize
voice and text calls on the CAD map – before they’re
even answered – so you can begin call assessment earlier
in the process.
- Better Interoperability – Our
flexible architecture, combined with our EdgeFrontier connectivity
ensures your ability to interact with different
communications systems and support future data types and
- Advanced Mobile Technologies – The
latest mobile technologies give remote users access to live geospatial
and supporting data on laptops, tablets, and smartphones, so they can
make informed decisions in the field.
- Person-level Tracking – The ability
to track individual responders using mobile devices allows dispatchers
to view each person’s location, permitting real-time risk
- Support for SMS Texting – Incorporating emergency text messages in the CAD workflow supports next-generation communications.
- Integrated Systems – Seamless
integration of radio, digital radio, telephone, and mobile technologies
with CAD reduces the chance of human error.
- Integration with External Applications – Easy integration with other applications results in better
workflows. For example, integrating CAD with your personnel database
enables you to route calls to operators with specific skills, such as
Notifications and Interoperability
- Intelligent Notifications –
Automatic handling of intelligent notifications lets you share critical
information on a variety of devices, streamlining operations and
ensuring the safety of personnel.
- Advanced Interoperability Platform –
Easy integration of systems for notification and paging, video and
alarm management, fire station alerting systems, records management
systems, and any other system with an application programming interface
(API), ensures fast and easy interface deployment.
- Open Industry Standards – Uses
industry-standard XML protocols for exchanging CAD incident information
with third-party applications and CAD systems to support mutual aid
Support for Fire Workflows
- Faster Fire Response – Operational workflows tailored for fire agencies ensure quicker response and better outcomes.
- Easy Configurability – Configurable
system operates according to customer workflows and business
practices. Out-of-the-box workflows use pre-set fire configurations
based on industry best practices.
- Business Rules – Workflows based on
business rules support “if/then” scenarios, pre-set mutual aid
agreements, standard recommendations for event type, and other
- Simple Data Exchange – Broad
interoperability and easy configuration of CAD-to-CAD interfaces
simplify the exchange of data among agencies, including the ability to
send a call to a different department for response or action.
- Mobile Interface Enhancements –
Mobile technologies provide a larger screen to allow for gloves
movement. System does not require sign-off/sign-on at shift change,
saving time while maintaining on-duty records.
- Efficient Routing – Locating the route to the closest hospital avoids unnecessary delays and saves lives.
- Industry Standards – NIEM
compliance supports mutual aid scenarios, and support for the Medicare
requirements for EMS improves tracking and billing.
- CAD Failover – If an alert is
unsuccessful, the CAD failover workflow provides notification of
failure, ensuring seamless communication of important information.
To view products related to a particular Intergraph application,
click the application name. To read details about an Intergraph product, click on
the product name and its description will appear to the right.
United States and Canada:
- VIDEO: Alberta Health Services, Canada. Alberta uses Intergraph solutions to manage more than 500 ambulances, and handles 400 thousand EMS events a year.
- Case Study (Toronto Police Service, Canada): Intergraph replaced Toronto Police Service’s legacy computer-aided dispatch mobile system with a state-of-the art solution that provides in-car mapping capabilities.
- Case Study (E-Comm British Columbia Emergency Communications Center, Canada): E-Comm Uses Intergraph® Technology to Speed Emergency Response and Promote Multi-Agency Coordination
- VIDEO: Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, Washington (MWAA), D.C., USA. MWAA uses Intergraph technology to make smarter decisions for incident response at Ronald Reagan National and Washington Dulles International Airports.
- VIDEO: Fairfax County, Virtiana, USA. With Intergraph's computer-aided dispatch solution, Fairfax can easily view the real-time status of first responder units and request resources in mutual aid responses that currently occur more than 40 times a day.
- VIDEO: Louisville Metro, USA: The City of Louisville, Kentucky uses Intergraph technology to effectively unify all emergency response agencies within the community.
- Case Study (Louisville Metro, USA): The City of Louisville, Kentucky uses Intergraph technology to effectively unify all emergency response agencies within the community.
- Case Study (Unified Communications Center, USA): The consolidation of all 9-1-1 and non-emergency communications into a single command and control center has yeilded impressive results for public safety and emergency response in the nation's capitol.
- Case Study (Abilene Police Department, USA): The Abilene Police Department in Texas protects more than 115,000 residents. The agency uses Intergraph®'s I/Map Editor to create and update CAD maps for fast and accurate response.
- VIDEO: British Transport Police, UK. As one of the many police forces helping secure the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London, England, the British Transport Police turned to ERDAS APOLLO and TITAN technology to store and distribute geospatial imagery and maps quickly and efficiently.
- Customer Story (German Federal Police, Germany) - Intergraph technology has helped the German Federal Police coordinate countrywide activities, shorten response times, and carry out successful manhunts.
- Case Study (Bouches Du Rhône Fire Brigade, France) - Intergraph technology enables the Bouches Du Rhône Fire Brigade to achieve faster emergency response times, while providing field communications and better resource management.
- Case Study (Northern Territory Police, Fire, and Emergency Services, Australia): The Northern Territory Police, Fire, and Emergency Services provides policing, fire prevention, and emergency response. It uses Intergraph CAD to answer calls, enter incident information, forward calls, and share information with remote personnel.
- Press Release (Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority, Australia) - An Intergraph customer since 2002, ESTA handles calltaking, emergency dispatch and related information transfer services for emergency services for the 4.5 million residents of Victoria, Australia.