Pipeline Infrastructure Management
The cost of maintaining a pipeline company’s key assets - gas transmission facilities - represents a significant portion of the annual operating budget. Most pipeline operators allocate considerable resources to keeping their records current and accurate to insure the integrity of their system. Intergraph’s pipeline infrastructure management (PIM) solutions enable pipeline companies to efficiently manage and record their principal infrastructure assets and manage, improve work processes, and demonstrate a comprehensive integrity program, while reducing the cost of maintaining these records by storing them in a central database. This makes this information readily available for a variety of applications, potentially improving record keeping productivity by more than 50 percent while assuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Key Benefits
- Customer References
- Labor Savings -
Improves productivity of mapping technicians, engineers, field, and all personnel who need to create, use, and maintain accurate network asset information
- Process Improvement -
Eliminates redundant or duplicate processes and refines engineering workflows to speed up processes and improve efficiency and customer service levels
- Improved Utilization of Assets -
Integrates accurate and timely asset information with mission-critical information systems to improve asset utilization and information sharing across business unit
- Gas Transmission Infrastructure Management - This interactive graphic and database application enables you to install, modify, or relocate pipeline facilities in the pipeline data model. It produces various geographically oriented maps of the pipeline system, as well as a basic pipeline data model that uses "stationing" at a measured distance from a known starting point to locate points linearly along the pipeline. You can then use this as a reference for all inspection data collected.
- Gas Transmission HCA/Pipe Classification - To comply with USA Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements for pipeline safety, pipeline operators use this Intergraph application to determine high consequence areas (HCA) around a pipeline. Using a spatial buffer to determine if high occupancy and other identified structures are within the specified buffer area, you can reclassify sections of the pipeline, depending upon the proximity of HCAs near the pipeline.
- Gas Transmission Alignment Sheet Generation - This application generates a pipe profile engineering drawing in elevation format, known as an alignment sheet drawing in the pipeline industry. This drawing includes graphic delimiters and tabular data describing the pipeline and indicating changes in material or coatings or other attributes along the pipeline.
- Landbase Management - Intergraph’s landbase management application supports the background landbase used for various utility infrastructure mapping and design. Typically, this includes geospatial data such as edge of roadways, street center lines, and street names, as well as company easements and right-of-ways as maintained by a utility company’s real estate department.
- Field Automation - This application takes your enterprise GIS into the field. Within a single user environment, you can view, report, query, analyze, and redline a GIS mobile map and "round-trip" changes to the enterprise GIS from the field. Field automation provides a platform for developing specific field workflow applications to further automate and improve field crew productivity using the enterprise GIS.
- Spectra Energy, USA -
Intergraph provided a solution for Spectra’s pipeline integrity management needs.
- Northwest Energy, USA -
Intergraph solutions address both the transmission and distribution assets for NEW.
- E.ON Ruhrgas, Germany -
Intergraph provides GIS based asset management of the transmission network.
- Chongqing Gas, China -
Intergraph’s GIS is utilized in Chongqing, Southwest China, for asset management of an extensive gas distribution network.