SmartPlant 3D Structural Modeling - TSMP1003
This course is for Structural Designers who will create structural models.
The course features an introduction to the graphics environment followed by
equipment & structural modeling techniques.
- Overview of common graphics environment
- Defining a working set
- SmartStep commands and user options
- Interactive interference checking
- Grid system
- Modeling members
- Managing connections
- Fireproofing members
- Modeling slabs, walls and openings
- Modeling stairs, ladders and handrails
- Modeling footings and equipment foundations
- Solid modeling
- Importing and exporting solids as SAT files
- Adding loads, releases, boundary conditions for structural analysis
- Creating mapping file for CIMSteel
- Creating CIMSteel file for structural analysis and physical
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows user interface
- Knowledge of 3D plant design CAD concepts
See the Schedule.