UK PP&M Course Description
SmartPlant 3D Structural Modelling
Course Reference: TSMP1003
What will the course cover?
This course is for Structural Designers who will create structural models. The
course features an introduction to the graphics environment followed by
equipment & structural modeling techniques. .
What are the major topics covered?
- Overview of common graphics environment
- Defining a working set
- SmartStep commands and user options
- Interactive interference checking
- Grid system
- Modeling members
- Managing connections
- Fireproofing members
- Modeling slabs, walls and openings
- Modeling stairs, ladders and handrails
- Modeling footings and equipment foundations
- Solid modeling
- Importing and exporting solids as SAT files
- Adding loads, releases, boundary conditions for structural analysis
- Creating mapping file for CIMSteel
- Creating CIMSteel file for structural analysis and physical model
Who should attend?
How long is the course?
This is a 4.5 day course held at Intergraph (UK) Ltd, Swindon.
What are the prerequisites for attending this course?
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows user interface
- Knowledge of 3D plant design CAD concepts
Would you like to book?
Please e-mail to book your place, quoting the above reference number.