UK PP&M Course Description
PDS Advanced Project Administration
Course Reference: TPB3045
What will the course cover?
This course is designed for system support personnel who will be responsible for maintaining a multi-site PDS project. Topics covered in this course will also benefit those maintaining single-site projects.
Familiarity with PDS (project creation, Clash and Isogen) and the Oracle database is mandatory. This training will take the format of lecture and workshop based.
What are the major topics covered?
- RIS/database overview
- Project creation overview (express set-up/advanced user mode)
- Important set-up/post set-up project settings
- Plant monument
- Database customisation
- Seed file settings
- PID-to-piping set-up
- Distributing the master project to remote sites
- Updating remote sites with data from master project and vice-versa
- Use of PDS audit tool utility to verify project integrity
- Clash and Isogen issues
- Archival strategies
Who should attend?
- System support personnel
- Project administrators
How long is the course?
This is a 4 day course held at Intergraph (UK) Ltd, Swindon.
What are the prerequisites for attending this course?
- Windows NT
- RDB/RIS knowledge
- Good understanding of PDS administration
- Experience in relevant design and customisation packages to discipline
Would you like to book?
Please e-mail to book your place, quoting the above reference number.