2013 Golden Valve Awards
View a presentation of the winning images from the 2013 Golden Valve Awards. Watch video.
See Animation Video
View a presentation of the winning animations from the 2013 Platinum Pipe and Golden Valve Awards. Watch video.
Desktop Calendar Wallpaper
Set a Golden Valve award-winning image as your desktop background.
Renato Lopes, 3D Automation Group, Ecovix Construções Oceânicas SA, Best of Show
The 2013 Golden Valve Awards recognize the most innovative and well-executed uses of software supported by Intergraph® Process, Power & Marine. Winners were announced at HxGN LIVE in Las Vegas, June 3-6.
Ecovix Construções Oceânicas SA of Rio de Janeiro is presented “Best of Show” in the 13th annual Golden Valve Awards competition for the company’s intricately detailed view of marine structure created using SmartMarine® 3D and SmartPlant® Review to showcase a new form of angles and images to view the engineering project. Ecovix’s winning entry was submitted by Renato Lopes from its 3D Automation Group in the Visually Complex category. Ecovix Construções Oceânicas SA was created in 2010 as a subsidiary of Engevix Engenharia S/A to run for Brazilian energy company Petrobras two contracts to build eight hulls of floating, production, storage and offloading vessels (FPSOs).
Other 2013 Golden Valve winners include:
Judges’ Choice: Engineering and Construction
- Kathy Tam/Canadian Natural Resources Limited (Canada)
Judges’ Choice: Power
- 3D R&D Centre, SNERDI (China)
- Martin T. Ammann, Jr./CB&I (United States)
- 1st Place – Engineering Group/PGESCo Engineering (Egypt)
- 2nd Place – Western Australia Iron Ore Projects/Fluor & SKM Joint Venture (Australia)
- 3rd Place – Huang Chen and Wang Shijie/East China Engineering Science and Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
- 1st Place – ECM’s Engineering Team/ECM S.A. Projetos Industriais (Brazil)
- 2nd Place – Engineering Team/Keppel FELS Baltech Ltd. (Bulgaria)
- 3rd Place – William M. Fronheiser/Selas Fluid Processing Corporation, subsidiary of Linde Group (United States)
Category: Visually Complex
- 1st Place – Arina Khan, Design Group, MPKF-VVER-TOI Design Centre/JSC Atomenergoproekt (Russia)
- 2nd Place – Dhanpal Kunhiveetiil and Chris Sortland, AMEC Calgary/AMEC Americas Ltd. (Canada)
- 3rd Place – Jaguar Project Team/Burns and Roe Enterprises (United States)
- 1st Place – Cuiling Zhao, Electrical and I&C Engineering Department/SNPDRI (China)
- Abhishek Nambiar/L&T Engineering Faridabad (India)
- Oscar Jaurés, Haulage III Project/Sinclair Knight Merz (Australia)
Right Hand Column