Install SmartPlant® FreeView®
The global standard for viewing 3D plant projects
Convert SmartPlant .VUE Files
The Intergraph FreeView Converter is exclusively for Apple iPad users. Learn more.
Visit Our Visualization
See how can you promote 3D modeling & visualization throughout your workflow. Learn more.
Return to main page.
SmartPlant FreeView is a free* viewer to open Intergraph’s 3D models (VUE files) for display and navigation of process, power, and marine projects.
Recommended System Configuration
- 3.0 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor or Core 2 Dual Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 20 to 60 MB of free disk space
- Color display
- Video card designed for OpenGL-based, 3D-CAD applications
Supported Operating Systems and Required Components
The dependency software products that will be certified with the use of the SmartPlant FreeView v8.0 suite of products are as follows:
- Microsoft 32-bit Windows 7 (Professional and Enterprise Client)
- Microsoft 64-bit Windows 7 (Professional and Enterprise Client)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (latest service packs)
- MS Windows XP64 (latest service packs)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (required for viewing the online documentation delivered with the software)
- Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8.1 (MDAC 2.8.1 is delivered as part of Microsoft XP Service Pack 3 ) - If you are running SmartPlant FreeView on a non-English operating system and locale, you must download the appropriate locale-specific version of the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) from Microsoft. SmartPlant FreeView may not work correctly with multi-byte characters when using the English version of MDAC.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (included in the SmartPlant FreeView setup)
Intergraph FreeView Converter Exclusively for Apple iPad Users
The Intergraph FreeView Converter makes it easy to convert .vue files for access on Intergraph FreeView for iPad. Learn more.
Review the license agreement.
* Free products are subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license agreement that accompanies the download and installation of this software.
Right Hand Column